What are Monthly Anniversaries?
Monthly anniversaries are very important to couples. These special days give you the opportunity to show your significant other how much they mean to you on a more regular basis. It doesn’t matter if it’s your one month anniversary, six month anniversary, or even three year anniversary; it’s important to take time and rekindle all of those wonderful feelings that you had for each other when the relationship began.
Here are some suggestions on how you can celebrate your monthly anniversaries:
- Write them a letter or card, or even better, get them a Lovebook.
- Share your favourite memories with each other. These are the little moments that seem small at the time but have a big impact on our lives when we look back at them later in life.
- Instead of going out to dinner, cook your significant other’s favourite meal together. This will strengthen the bond that you share because they’ll know that you’re willing to go out of your way and put in an extra effort just for them.
- Take a road trip to somewhere that you’ve never been together. Even if it’s just driving around your hometown, it’ll be good to go down memory lane with each other.
- Plan a scavenger hunt for one another. Start the hunt at your favourite coffee place and give them clues leading to where your next clue is hidden.
- Surprise your significant other with tickets to their favourite sporting event or concert.
- Give each other one hour massages; make sure they’re sensual and not too rough (unless you like that sort of thing).
- Go for a long walk together on the beach or in the forest.
- Pamper yourselves. Give each other manicures and pedicures, go get haircuts together, etc.
- Take the day off of work and go on a hike together. Make sure to pack some snacks and drinks beforehand.
- Get into your most comfortable clothes together; nothing else needs to be worn during this evening (unless you like that sort of thing).
- Go camping together in the woods. This is an excellent way to connect with nature and your significant other at the same time. And if it rains, no big deal; it only adds to the fun!
Give them an item that is associated with that month’s event (i.e., if it’s your three year anniversary, present them with their first cell phone to remind them how far technology has come and how much they mean to you).
Giving gifts can be expensive and take up precious time; however, all couples should spoil one another every once in a while because it lets your partner know that you’re thinking about them.
Have fun with it!
No matter what you decide to do on your monthly anniversaries, make sure to have fun with it. It’s easy to forget how important these milestones are in the grand scheme of things. Also, don’t be afraid to do something that you think your significant other won’t like or might even refuse to do. You never know what they’re secretly hoping for unless you ask them. Good luck with your monthly anniversaries!