It’s not always easy to come up with a bio for yourself. Especially in this age of technology. You know that you have to be brief, yet still, give enough information that she’ll want to swipe right. It can be quite the challenge to balance a Tinder profile. The good news is that there are tips and tricks. As the UK’s top dating coach I’ve writing a great Tinder Guide. But first, what is she going to notice first?
When it comes to the best Tinder bio for guys, you have to consider what a woman is going to be looking at. Her first impression of you will be based on three things: Your picture, your username, and your bio.
Having a perfect bio won’t help if you have a bad picture or a silly username. So you have to consider the optimal selection for these aspects as well. If you don’t know how to choose a good Tinder profile picture, you can try letting the app cycle your images. Make sure the top 9 you upload are flattering, without overselling yourself. Guys, make sure your profile picture is just you! No one wants to have to figure out which guy in the picture is you. You don’t have to be clever about your username, but you don’t want it to be oversaturated either. You don’t want “hotguy297”. This is an example of overselling yourself, which you want to avoid.
When it comes to writing the best tinder bio for guys, you want to present who you are as a person. You don’t need to have a block of text that reads like the opening of a novel. Here are some fun styles to create the best Tinder bio for guys:
– Pros & cons list; Use your amazing sense of humor to put together a short list of the pros and cons of dating you. This condensed form is sure to draw in some great ladies. Plus, you get to showcase some of your better qualities and some of the downsides. Most guys basically list “I’m not so-and-so Hot Hollywood Guy” in the con section. Try something like that to get a good laugh.
– Reviews; Use your best features and turn them into fake quotes. Eg: “The best cook in town” – Gordon Ramsay. This style gives the ladies information about you, while still showcasing your sense of humour.
– Emojis; Never underestimate the power of using emoticons to describe who you are. It’s very easy to read through emoticons, so opt for replacing your words with images whenever you can. If can describe almost everything about yourself with a few emoticons, do it!
– Reasons not to date me; In good humour, this can really work because it’s something different from the average profile. Unfortunately, this style requires some knowledge of how to use humour properly. It’s a great way to get dates though.
Keep in mind that different people have different sensibilities. Just because you think it’s funny doesn’t mean everyone else will. Be cautious. Humour is a great power, but you have to use it responsibly. Here are a few closing suggestions:
– Steer away from put-down humour – Run your profile by someone in your office or social circle (preferably a female)
– Grammar makes a difference, so check your bio twice
– Dogs are always a draw, if you have a cute pup, make sure he’s mentioned
Hopefully, this information will help you to put together a great bio and attract great dates.