Positive Dating Quotes to Change Your Life
More often than not, we lack the words to say how we truly feel. Especially when it comes to relationships. Below you’ll find a list of 10 positive dating quotes that might help you put love into perspective. You’ll also hear a brief explanation of why these quotes are so powerful. Take the dating coach knowledge expressed here and apply it to your own life. You won’t be disappointed.
1. We are afraid to care too much, for fear that the other person does not care at all. – Eleanor Roosevelt
This quote accurately summarises a big restriction on human connections. We are all so afraid that our feelings and intentions aren’t mirrored. Instead of opening ourselves to hurt, we tend to close off and keep to ourselves.
2. Find joy in everything you choose to do. Every job, relationship, home… it’s your responsibility to love it or change it. – Chuck Palahniuk
This is a powerful quote because it puts the power of change in your hands. Often when our relationships start to fall apart, we want to blame external factors. The stress of work caused a drift or something else. Really, we can only look at ourselves when things around us aren’t as we want them. Every day is a new chance to get things right. You simply have to work together.
3. We’ve got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can’t just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it’s going to get on by itself. You’ve got to keep watering it. You’ve got to really look after it and nurture it. – John Lennon
This quote fits perfectly with the last one. A relationship is something you have to continuously nurture, which many people forget. We become complacent in our love life and we stop trying. That is what causes the drift. That is what causes everything to fall apart. The most successful relationships are the ones that were grown with patience and care.
4. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. – Steve Jobs
This is one of the positive dating quotes that reminds us that we are always growing and our hearts will grow along with us. Every relationship should grow as you do, evolving as necessary in order to stay happy and healthy. This is so important if you know you are ready to settle down once and for all.
5. If you want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it. – Mother Teresa
This quote makes use of comparison in order to truly impress the idea. Love is something that must be fed in order to keep growing. We have to keep putting love into our relationships, to keep working together. When one person stops putting love in, the lamp of love will eventually go out.
6. People aren’t defined by their relationship. The whole point is being true to yourself and not losing yourself in relationships, whether romances or friendships. – Nina Dobrev
This quote follows the previous is reminding us not to lose sight of ourselves. This happens too often in relationships, especially at the beginning. We lose sight of ourselves and end up adapting to other people. This means we aren’t being true to who we are, which may eventually build an unfair animosity. A healthy relationship is comprised of two people who love themselves as much as they love each other.
7. I think honest communication, no matter where it comes from, is positive for a relationship. – Ron White
Thi is one of those positive dating quotes that emphasises the importance of communication in any relationship. Sometimes, honesty can hurt others. But it’s better to be bitterly honest than sweetly insincere. There is a right way to express any unpleasantness and we simply learn that along the way.
8. I think a good relationship is about collaboration. – Jennifer Aniston
This is a great quote because it reminds us that we have to work together to build something beautiful. Whether it’s actors on a television show or two people who are in love. The best things in life are collaborations, people working together towards a common goal. Every relationship should be like that.
9. What defines a relationship is the work that’s involved to maintain it, and it’s constantly changing. – Neil Patrick Harris
This is another quote that emphasises the work that goes into having a loving relationship. At the same time, it also includes the idea that the amount of work or type of work will change over time. A relationship will not always need today the work it needed yesterday and tomorrow may be something else entirely. You have to adapt to the changes in your relationship as well. Work with the relationship, as well as with each other.
10. Who knows how to make love stay? – Tom Robbins
The last of our positive dating quotes is a mere reflection of the ones you’ve read before. This was written in the book “Still Life with Woodpecker”. In short, there are three ways to make love stay: Share, adapt and protect. If you do all three, you will be able to keep the love you have.